Saturday, May 10, 2014

Moving...

We moved to Arizona last year for Mark to go to Midwestern University for his masters program in Biomedical Sciences...hoping that he would get in to Midwestern for Podiatry school the following year.  Well...it turns out that there are other plans in store for us.  We want more than anything to stay here in Arizona, and there is still a chance that could happen (the percentage goes down every day though), but we aren't counting on it.  We have put our house up for rent and we are lucky enough to know a Property Manager that will be able to take care of things while we are gone.  So where are we going?  Well..that is a good question.  A while ago Mark had an interview in Miami at Barry University for Podiatry...and he and the dean really got along during the interview.  He loved Mark and he got accepted to the school a week later.  We have been waiting to hear back from other schools (Chicago, Ohio and California) but still haven't heard anything.  The interviews for Podiatry go until the end of June...WHAT?!  We are not going to wait that long to make a decision!  Plus we decided that the only place we would choose over Miami is California because it is closer to family.  So again, there is that small chance that we might not go to Miami, but as of right now...We're going to Miami!  The school there has exactly what Mark wants, and I think that it is the best fit for him.  In the future, he might be able to work with the Miami Heat's podiatrist, which would be awesome.  Don't worry, I will still be a Maverick's fan, I just won't be able to be so vocal about it...unless I want to get shot.  So, it looks like we are leaving May 29th to go to Texas and live there for the summer to save some money, and we will move to Florida in August.  HOLY MOLY!  We are moving across the country!  I'm a little freaked out...and have no idea what to expect moving to Florida, and never thought that I would move to Florida...and yet, here we are!  So if any of you have any advice about living in Miami, I need all of the advice I can get!!!  Miami, here we come!






I can't stop singing this song whenever I think about moving to Miami...I mean, who doesn't love Will Smith?  I'd rather just listen to the song, not watch the video...but it's all I've got for now.


No comments: