Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baby Blessing

May 4th

Mark was able to give the most beautiful baby blessing to Bailee at church on Sunday.  We are fortunate to live close to Mark's brother, Kyle, and he was able to be there.  We also asked a few of our friends from church to join Mark for the blessing.  (Jeff Thomas, Jon Wincek, Bishop Russel Forsberg, Brady Skidmore, and Dave Stringham)  I wanted to get a picture of all of them, but had a hard time getting them all together afterwards.  I was able to get everyone ready (everyone as in Mark and Bailee) early enough before church so we would be able to take some pictures before church.









 My mom saved my dress from when I was blessed as a baby, and Bailee got to use it!  I am so happy that I was able to use the same dress that I used.  And she looked adorable in it!
After church, a friend came up to me and gave me a piece of paper with the blessing written on it!  I almost cried, it was one of the sweetest things!  Thank you Nicole for writing it down!  I didn't even think about doing that.
She didn't get ALL of it because Mark talks too fast, but here is what she did write down.  Again, thank you a million times Nicole!

"Our Dear Heavenly Father, by the power and authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold, we take this child into our warms and give her a name and a blessing.  The name by which she shall be known is Bailee June Jackman...We ask for a blessing of comfort and health as you grow and develop that you will have the strength to overcome complications that might come up as you grow...that you will understand the love that our Heavenly Father and your parents have for you...that you will seek for truth in education and learning...that you will have the ability to be a leader and an example as you will have friends that will look up to you...that you will be an example of Christ and righteousness...that you will seek others in need of help...when the time comes you will seek a young man that is worthy and will marry in the temple..."

No comments: