Friday, January 24, 2014

1 more month!

Have you ever felt like time flies faster every year???  A few months ago I thought January was never going to be here...now it's almost over and today there is officially one month left until my due date!  What the heck, when did that happen?!  I am so grateful that I am working constantly right now, because it is keeping my mind off of things and keeping me very busy, which is making the time go even faster!  But at the same time, I keep thinking about all of the things that I still need to get done and then I remember that I am going to be giving birth to a human...I am seriously not prepared for that either and have no idea how to get prepared for it and don't have the time to find out!  Is that a good or bad thing?  As grateful as I am that I get to work right now to keep myself busy, I can't wait until the time that I don't have to go to work and instead I'll get to work at home and be able to hold and cuddle my work.  :)  I can't wait to be a mom!

I never thought that you could love someone so much without them actually being born - but I seriously love our daughter so much already and can't wait to hold her in my arms.  I love feeling her move around or get the hiccups.  It reminds me that she is okay in there.  I haven't been pregnant before, but I'm pretty sure this has been a pretty easy pregnancy.  I didn't have morning sickness too badly.  I lost 10 lbs at the beginning.  I haven't gained too much weight since.  I haven't been super swollen.  I mean I could be wrong about all of this, but I always heard horror stories about being pregnant when I've actually really enjoyed it.  My back is starting to hurt, my feet are starting to swell after working all day and I have a "pregnancy swag" when I walk (I don't like to say I waddle...I have a swag), but I only have 4 weeks left (give or take) and I can't complain about having a good pregnancy the other 36 weeks.  She's healthy, I'm healthy (and always hungry) and we are happy.  I feel very lucky and count my blessing every single day, and hope that it will continue to go as smoothly as it has thus far.

We have every thing ready...all we need is our little girl to get here safely.  We can't wait to be parents!

No comments: