Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 of 2013

What a year!  I'm tearing up just thinking about everything that has happened this year.  I don't think anything else could have happened this year - there was so much!  Here is my top 10 for this year:

10. Skiing at Grand Targhee with my family on January 3rd.  What a BLAST we had and it was perfect weather.  Also, I don't know when the next time will be that I will get to go skiing, so I will cherish this skiing trip for a long time.
9. I learned how to make bread this year!  I haven't made any since (life has been a little bit crazy) but I need to start soon because I can't find ANY good bread in Arizona.
8. Spring Break with my sister!  We got to go to Texas together during my spring break and we had a blast!  We need to go on more trips together.  Love you Jana!
7.  Christmas in Texas!  I got to go to Texas 2 times in the same year - that just doesn't happen!  We had such a fun time with my family for Christmas.  The last time I got to spend Christmas in Texas was when Mark and I were dating, so it was definitely special.

6.  A new job!  I got a new job teaching 1st grade at probably the best elementary school in the Peoria School District.  I was also able to coach 7th/8th grade volleyball at this elementary school and had a blast doing it!
5. We bought a car!  Our car broke down on our way to IKEA, so we decided that it was time.  Such a great decision that we don't regret one little bit.
4.  Mark graduated!!!  WOOHOO!  I haven't seen him this happy since we got married.  It was such a great day and I'm so proud of him.  We still have a long way to go, but he has his bachelors degree and is working really hard to become a doctor.  This was definitely a great day in 2013.
3. We moved to Arizona!  After 7 years living in Rexburg, I finally left...and miss it a little bit.  I graduated from BYUI a week before we got married, and stayed there another 3 years so Mark could graduate (and it was totally worth it).  I miss my job there and my brother and his family there, and out friends (but they have all pretty much left).  But moving to Arizona was a huge part of 2013 and a giant change in our lives and we are so happy we are where we are today.
2.  We bought a HOUSE!  We love our house and I am loving it more and more the longer we are in it.  It is really starting to feel like home here and it is perfect for our little growing family.  We don't regret this decision even a little bit!
1.  We found out that our family is going to be growing!  The BEST thing that happened this year.  And it will be the best thing that happens next year.  :)

I am really looking forward to 2014 and hope that it brings as many great and wonderful things as 2013 brought.  Bailee will be joining our family in February, so I know that it is going to be a good year.  And who knows what other changes life will bring us.  Whatever happens in 2014, bring it on!  "Come what may and love it" - Elder Wirthlin

No comments: